Manoj Mukund Naravane Biography( Birth, Family, Education, Military Career, Awards and More )
General Manoj Mukund Naravane: Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General MM Naravane is considered as the front-runner for the post of Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) after the death of CDS General Bipin Rawat in the tragic helicopter crash . He is currently serving as the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS).
- 1 New cds of indian army
- 2 Manoj Mukund Naravane Biography
- 3 manoj mukund naravane daughter ( net worth, retirement, cast, email addres, salary in india,retirement date)
New cds of indian army
The Chief Officer of the Army Army is in his favor to promote General Naravane to the post of CDS ( new cds general of India after Bipin Rawat 2021). Because among the three serving chiefs of India, General MM Naravane is the senior most officer who succeeded General Bipin Rawat on 31 December 2019.
Before the appointment of the next CDS, let’s take a look at the life of the 27th Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
Manoj Mukund Naravane Biography
Manoj Mukund Naravane is a Lieutenant General of Param Vishisht Seva Medal holder in the Indian Army. He became the 28th Chief of the Army Staff (CoAS) on 31 December 2019, after Bipin Rawat retired from the same post.
|Name||Manoj Mukund Naravane|
|Famous For||Being the 28th Chief of Army Staff of India|
|Birth||22 April 1960|
|Age||61 Years (Year 2021 )|
|Birth Place||Pune, Bombay State, India|
|Education Education Qualification||Graduated from National Defense Academy|
Post Graduate Degree in Defense Studies
|School||Janana Prabodhini Pathshala, Pune, Maharashtra|
|College ( College )||National Defense Academy|
Indian Military Academy
The University of Madras
Devi Ahilya University, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
The Defense Service Staff College, Wellington, Tamil Nadu
Army War College, Mhow, Madhya Pradesh
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Hair Color||white and black|
|Tenure (Service Years)||1980- Present|
|Army Service/Branch||indian army|
|Service Years||16 December 1978 – 8 December 2021 (till death)|
|Unit||Seventh Sikh Light Infantry|
Birth & Early Life of Manoj Mukund Naravane
Manoj Mukund Naravane was born on 22 April 1960 in Bombay (now Mumbai) city of Maharashtra to father Mukund Naravane and mother Sudha Naravane. His father, Mukund Naravane, is a former officer in the Indian Air Force who retired as Wing Commander and his mother Sudha was an announcer in All India Radio.
Manoj Mukund Naravane’s wife ( General MM Naravane Wife)
Manoj Mukund Naravane’s wife Veena Naravane hails from Pune, Maharashtra. He likes painting, yoga and gardening. His wife Veena Naravane is a teacher with 25 years of experience. She is the President of Army Wives Welfare Association. They also have two daughters named Isha and Amala.
Click here >>
Education of Manoj Mukund Naravane ( General MM Naravane Education )
General Naravane did his schooling at Gyan Prabodhini Prashala, Pune. He attended National Defense Academy, Pune, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Defense Services Staff College, Wellington and Army War College, Mhow.
General MM Naravane has an MA degree in Defense Studies and M.Phil from Madras University, Chennai. Degree in Defense and Management Studies from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. He is currently pursuing his doctorate in Defense and Strategic Studies from Punjabi University, Patiala.
Manoj Mukund Naravane ‘s family ( General MM Naravane Family )
|Father’s Name||Mukund Naravane|
|Mother’s Name||Sudha Naravane|
|Wife’s Name||Veena Naravane|
|Children’s Name||Daughter – Isha and Amala|
Son – none
manoj mukund naravane daughter ( net worth, retirement, cast, email addres, salary in india,retirement date)
have two daughter Isha and Amala .
General Manoj Mukund Naravane has worked on many important fronts-
In his army career spanning over 40 years, General Manoj has also served on the main fronts, including in Jammu and Kashmir and North East, in unrest and insurgent areas and for the appointment of many command and army staff in anti-riot environment. work done.
Apart from this, General Manoj also commanded a National Rifles battalion in Jammu and Kashmir and an infantry army brigade on the Eastern Front, besides he also participated in the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka. During his lifetime, he also served as the Indian Defense Attache at the Indian Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar for three years.
Military Career of Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Naravane was commissioned into the 7th Battalion of the Sikh Light Infantry in June 1980. In his army career spanning over 40 years, he has served in various positions ranging from Inspector General (North) to Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and is now at the forefront of the post of CDS after the demise of General Bipin Rawat.
- On 1 October 2018, he took over as the General Officer Commander-in-Chief of the Eastern Command. The Eastern Command guards India’s 4,000-km-long border with China in the eastern sector.
- On 16 December 2019, on the eve of Vijay Diwas, he was elected as the next Chief of Army Staff of India after the 27th Army Chief Bipin Rawat retired on 31 December 2019.
- After Manoj Naravane took over as the Chief of the Army Staff, all the Defense Chiefs of India were from the same course of the 56th National Defense Academy, Pune. This is the second such coincidence in the history of India.
- MM Naravane commanded the 2nd Battalion (Sikhli) of the Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu and Kashmir, 106 Infantry Brigade, and the Assam Rifles as Inspector General (North) at Kohima, Nagaland.
- He also served in anti-terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast India during Operation Pawan and in the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka.
- After being promoted to the rank of lieutenant general, he commanded the Kharga Strike Corps based at Ambala and served as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Delhi region.
- He was the Commander of the 2017 Republic Day Parade when he was posted as General Officer Commander-in-Chief of Delhi Region.
- On promotion to the rank of Army Commander Grade, he served as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Army Training Command and General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Command.
- He was appointed Chief of the Army Staff (VCOAS) on 1 September 2019 and was promoted to the rank of COAS on 31 December 2019 when General Bipin Rawat was made CDS.
Ladder of success in military formation –
- Manoj Mukund Naravane had joined the army in the year 1980.
- Two years later, on 7 June 1982, he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant of the army.
- On 7 June 1985, the Army appointed him as a captain.
- Six years later, on 7 June 1991, he was promoted once again and made the Major of the Army.
- After about 11 years, on 31 December 2002, he was a lieutenant colonel.
- On 1 February 2005, he was posted to the post of Colonel.
- Five years later, on 19 July 2010, he was made a brigadier.
- Once again after 3 years, on 1 January 2013, he became Major General.
- After two years, on 10 November 2015, he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant general.
- On 31 December 2019, the Government of India appointed him as the Army Chief.
Career Ranks of Manoj Mukund Naravane
|Rank||Component||Date of rank|
|Lieutenant||Indian Army||7 June 1982|
|Captain||Indian Army||7 June 1985|
|Major||Indian Army||7 June 1991|
|Lieutenant-Colonel||Indian Army||31 December 2002|
|Colonel||Indian Army||1 February 2005|
|Brigadier||Indian Army||19 July 2010 (substantive, seniority from 13 January 2008)|
|Major General||Indian Army||1 January 2013 (substantive, seniority from 7 April 2011)|
|Lieutenant-General||Indian Army||10 November 2015 (substantive)|
|Indian Army||31 December 2019|
Awards & Achievement of Manoj Mukund Naravane
In his army career spanning 40 years, COAS General MM Naravane has been honored with various medals and honours. These are listed below.
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
- Sena Medal
- Distinguished Service Medal
- general service medal
- Special Service Medal
- Operation Parakram Medal
- military service medal
- foreign service medal
- Independence 50th Anniversary Medal
- 9 Tall Service Medals
- 20 years long service medal
- 30 years long service medal
Manoj Mukund Naravane is a Lieutenant General of Param Vishisht Seva Medal holder in the Indian Army.
Manoj Mukund Naravane was born on 22 April 1960 in Bombay (now Mumbai) city of Maharashtra.
No , there is no news about new cds general of india after Bipin rawat it . Manoj Mukund narvane considered .
Last few words –
Friends, I hope you ” Biography of Manoj Mukund Naravane ” . Manoj Mukund Naravane Biography in Hindi “Blog” If you liked this blog of mine, then share it with your friends and on your social media account, let people know about it too.
If you have any feedback, then definitely tell us by going to Contact Us , you can email me or you can follow me on social media, soon you will meet with a new blog, till then stay on my blog ” Thank you